Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Odd food

Corndog - yum!


Okay I didn't point it the right way to show the cow.


A little lighter topic tonight. Food. I've been on a strange and awful diet this summer. Now that my fair duty and vacations are over I hope to get back on the straight and narrow. And more healthy (hint to self...hint to inner strength).

Last weekend in between Twisted Tea and yes, Jaegger Bombs (Diana and I had to do something to wake those old people up on Saturday night!) we did sneak in a few bites of food. Al and Sharon cooked up "bag-o-omelets" Saturday a.m.
Recipe -
A bunch of eggs
stuff for omelets like:
peppers
mushrooms
shredded cheese
onions
anything else you like in eggs

Start a large pot of water boiling - like you were going to help someone having a baby.
Put the number of eggs you like in a bowl with a bit of milk - beat like you mean it
add ingredients you like
pour into a quart size ziplock and seal
drop into the pot of water and cook for around 15 minutes or until set
When it's done, it won't be brown - just cooked
Mine was shaped a bit like a cow without legs, though Al said he couldn't see it. He has no imagination! It was deliciouso and quite healthy - no grease.

PS - My first experience with a Jaegger Bomb went pretty well - it came in a special cup with the booze in the middle and the energy drink around the outside. It really was not a bad concoction. So I had one the next day at another bar as I was feeling sluggish in the afternoon. This one was all mixed together - I sipped it with water. Sharon said I talked fast later, but I think I always do.

Today I was back at the fair. When one attend the Iowa State Fair one must eat something on a stick. I chose a corndog - footlong with mustard. See photo I made a poor unsuspecting seatmate take. I did not select the fare from the booth below as I didn't want to feel my arteries hardening as I chewed.

Next week - dry mixed vegetables!

No comments: