Friday, February 20, 2009

So after

After a long day of new employee orientation at IDNR, I arrived back in Creston at 5:30. By 6:30 we were in A&G Pizza, and my book clubbie friends arrived at 7 PM. I had my precious nectar Lemondrop Martini! Yummy. But I learned my lesson and only had one.

There were five of us book clubians. We ordered pizza and some appetizers. Hit the spot! Paul and a group of our friends sat nearby for their own get-together, but hey they didn't have discussion questions and had to free lance.

Book club members all enjoyed "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. He's a very clever writer and I only wish I could be as witty when I write. After we talked about the book, conversation progressed from bathroom remodeling, to dog poop and puke. Yes, I love my book club. They make me laugh. I need that therapy.

Everyone should have friends like that!

No comments: