Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pain and attitude


I had my first Physical Therapy appointment today for my gooped up shoulder. Adhesive capsulitis is the official term - or frozen shoulder. If you've been reading my blog a while you may recall me complaining about this same thing a couple years ago. Lucky me! Two shoulders, both freezing up for no particular reason.

Yep, I'm feeling sorry for myself. The damn thing is keeping me awake at night and now I can't dress without gyrating in pain. I make some interesting noises when the pain zings. Just ask my husband. And dog. The heating pad and analgesic stick on pads-are my friends. Those have the side benefit of clearing my sinuses.

So the surgeon set me up with the same physical therapy office that tortured my last frosty shoulder into submission. By the time they were through with me, I was buckling my bra behind my back like a pro. I'm aiming for that lofty goal once again. The buckle in front method is for novices! I showed up at the PT office today to start round two.

Reality check! People in wheelchairs, folks limping, greatly damaged were there. One guy described to someone else in the waiting room how he tore all the tendons in his arm keeping a motorcycle from falling on a young girl. I felt like a wimp. Suck it up Goldsmith! Stretch out that scar tissue. Rip!
spiderweb on the bridge - cool shadows on my walk

It was a beautiful afternoon. When I got home, I went for a walk. The temperature and time of year reminded me of school days back in Creston - when we lived in our first home. It was near what was then the Middle School. I'd hear the marching band playing (not so well). I'd round Amy and Jud up to sit on the front steps to listen. I'm sure that spurred Amy on to a short career on the saxophone years later.
Guess what town this was...with Angie and Scott

Monday I road tripped it to Louisa County to the town of Wapello. Then we headed to the Scott County town of Buffalo. It was a great trip - always nice to inform the good people of our state about ways to reduce trash entering landfills.

No comments: