Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Best Wishes Joan Rivers

Joan Rivers is the poster child of "having work done," isn't she? I'm sad to hear she's in critical condition after recent throat surgery at age 80+. For someone that age, she has fought hard to never show the effects age has on her body. Especially her face and neck.

When I was in Lake Tahoe last week with my hometown gal pals, "girl talk" abounded. The kind of stuff I don't dream of bringing up with my beloved Pablo. If I did, he'd look at me, slack jawed and say, "huh"? He stares hard at the credit card receipts when I dare purchase skin cream aimed at helping me to ease my way into this aging thing. "What cost so much?" Hmmm, my wrinkly chicken skin, darlin'!
My pals are aging quite well if you ask me!

Julia, Paula and I talked strategies. I blogged earlier this year about my visit to an aesthetician who zapped many of the dark spots on my face. I am quite religious about sun block on my face every day. But the zapper didn't do much for my "smile lines". And that neck...when did it lose its elastic? It reminds me of an old swimsuit - with elastic that's shot! I've never really had lips...so it would shock people if I suddenly showed up with some - plumped at a doc's office! My eyelids are really sagging and may one day need surgery just to keep out the way of my eyes.

I think they should come up with some less drastic options - like little clips to put on my neck skin, hidden discretely by my long hair. Oops. Guess that won't work. I'll wear a cool choker like the suede one I had in 7th grade.

#youngskin


I remember my mother pulling the skin of her face and neck back - when she was about this age. She'd say, "How do you like me now?" We'd reassure her that we liked her the way she was. Mom never did have any "touch-ups". She didn't color her hair either, but it looks like she had a groovy perm in the early 1980's.
Mom must have been about 54 here

No comments: