Tuesday, September 9, 2014

To the moon Alice!

Leslie and Jane....

I was enjoying a leisurely Sunday morning at home when I received a Facebook message from my friends Ken and Jane. They were visiting DSM from their home in Dyersville and wanted to know if Paul and I felt like biking by moonlight that night. On a bridge.

I talked to Paul when he got back from checking his deer cameras and got back to them. We were IN! Just after 5 p.m. they arrived to pick us and our bikes (mine's name is Albie) up. They brought a bottle of wine. We drank it and chatted - catching up on each others' lives.

Jane and Ken also brought news. They're getting married October 25th! We're very happy for those two - they have a great time together and make a great couple. We enjoy hanging out with them. Cheers to Jane and Ken!

We drove to Woodward and ate burgers and drank a beer at the Braying Donkey before starting our couple mile ride to the High Trestle Bridge. The full moon helped light our way and it was a good thing as Paul and I hadn't checked our batteries for our bike lights. They were dead. Ugh!

The experience was worth the trip. And the fall (yes, I managed to tip over at one point and have some nice bruises to show for it).


We also got some cool photos. Not great as I didn't take time to set my camera for low light.

Paul and I are happy that Ken and Jane call when they come to town. #fullmoonfun!

No comments: