Monday, September 1, 2014

Aunt Jeanie visits

We love visitors! A few months ago my Aunt Jean - Dad's baby sis, told me that it was the year for her class reunion in Atlantic. After the class reunion - they planned to visit us in West DSM. Yay! We love visitors. And we love my aunties (and uncles too).

It was a busy week for me. I'd flown to Reno for a mini vacation with my girl friends Paul and Julia Sunday through Wednesday. That was fun!

Followed by a couple days of work. Friday afternoon I visited the chiro.

Remember when my right should froze up two years ago? (officially Adhesive Encapsulitis) That eventually led me have the darn thing "manipulated" by a surgeon while I was blessedly unconscious. Followed by painful physical therapy. I knew what the should pain was this time - and am trying to get ahead of the freeze. (insert gritted teeth).
Before the game we tracked down our niece Barb


Saturday, after a nice time tailgating and a fun first quarter of football, we underwent a painful football game. The chiropractor might have been more fun. It could be a long season for the Cyclones. Good thing we love 'em!

We had a nice quiet Saturday night at home. I baked a cheesecake and we watched a couple football games. I was in bed before 10 p.m.

The next day Jean and Bruce arrived just after lunch. I'd seen them in May at my Uncle Bill Lamm's funeral in Denver, but it had been a while since Paul had seen them. He enjoys hanging out with them as much as I do.  I wish we lived closer to each other so we could see them more. We took on a tour around town a bit - to show off the new digs.
Standing on our home county on a map of the state - in Governor's Plaza

A beer at the Hub

That night we grilled fillets, ate some fab Iowa tomatoes Jean brought - a gift from Kay Harris Wickman. Conversation was plenty. We told stories about my parents and grandparents. And laughed. There's nothing like family. She's known me my whole life.

This morning Paul whipped up a grand breakfast and they were on their way - as they have many other places to go and people to see. I'm glad they stopped to see us. Safe journeys!
See the fam resemblance? Yep, we're Bullocks.


No comments: