Friday, September 5, 2014

Don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy

Paul and I are heading to Omaha to see the Eagles tonight! A bucket list thing. Yah, I know - they're in DSM tomorrow, but when we bought the tickets, we weren't sure when the Cyclones were playing football again. So we decided to see them in the CLINK. That's what they call the Century Link Center in Omaha.

The Eagles and members have a big place in my life, starting in high school and running on through until now.
The title of this Blog. This might sound nutty - but sometimes I get sick of my own voice. Like when I talk too much. I wasn't blessed with musical pipes like some people I know. My pal Robyn is a radio deejay and does voice-overs. But it's more than just my voice. I need to quiet myself - to re-set. It's hard to explain, but I always thought that Eagles song kind of "got it".

Eagles member - Joe Walsh's Rocky Mountain Way has always been a favorite.
  1. Because I love the Rocky Mountains and my peeps that live there
  2. It's an easy song to play air guitar to
  3. We borrowed Moose and Steve's stereo for one of our classic college parties and that was one of the albums we played
 
 
Throw back photos - college parties. Note I'm wearing a flower - my birthday? Love those roomies!
Mike McCauley attended one of our parties. I am so sad to learn about the death of his dad Dick McCauley. I spend many happy and fun times with the McCauley family when Mike was my boyfriend in high school. Thoughts and prayers to them and to Pat as she recovers from her injuries from the car wreck that took Dick's life.

No comments: