Sunday, March 23, 2014

Missing FB and dreamin'

So let me get this straight. I've become so accustomed to my Facebook friends that now even my dreams have started inserting information about them. I gave up Facebook for Lent and I'm in withdrawal. I know...I'm not really supposed to talk about my sacrifice. It's part of the deal...no wrenching of my robes about what I'm doing without. But it's what I do - write about stuff.
Heritage House in Atlantic
This morning I dreamed one of my FB friend's dad is in a care facility in SW Iowa and can't really talk anymore. But he can still play cards. Hmmm. Where did that come from? I think the guy still lives happily at home with his wife. Paul and I WERE just discussing Long Term Care insurance yesterday. What to do about it...dilemma.

Facebook isn't my life - but I'd grown to depend on it a great deal for daily interaction. What's everyone up to? Who is having a birthday? What's happening in Creston and with my relatives? The other really tough thing for me...probably the biggest sacrifice. Not being able to share random photos and thoughts with my peeps. Oh there's Twitter - but I don't use that Social Media tool that way.
palm trees, pool - the sandy beach and gulf are just beyond the pool

Thank goodness for this Blog. Without seeing comments back though, which are mostly posted on Facebook, the Blog isn't as satisfying. But I'll keep plugging away. Just think how many comments I'll get to read on April 20th. April 20th...that's a long time from now. I get to go on vaca (our annual Marco Island, FL trip with sister Cindo) in the meantime, so that time shall fairly fly by.

Paul and Dave Fox had a rousing game of air hockey at Mercy hospital today. He is recovering well - but has some weakness physically. Brain injuries are awful things and each is different. Your continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

No comments: