Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sweet Victory, New Neighbor

I put the outfit on one more time - cardinal and gold shirts, jeans and the earrings and necklace I wore during the Big 12 Tournament Weekend. They must be good luck, right?!

The mojo worked great on Sunday when the Cyclones defeated the North Carolina Tarheels. Maybe not so much the Friday before when the team won, but it seemed like a loss, because we lost a star player to a season-ending injury right at the end of the game. On Sunday, ISU needed all the help they could get though - a player down from Niang's injury and behind by 8 points late.

This team had the Tarheels right where they wanted 'em! They thrive on that stuff. So proud - it's not just for the football team. At the end of the game, when our guy Kane made a layup for the win with time ticking away. Paul and I were hugging and jumping. I love this team! And they seem to love each other and their coach, Fred Hoiberg. Who must have made a bet with the team, because he did dance in the locker room. Freddie Dance.  

For the team - on to Madison Square Garden. I'll be wearing the earrings.

My new cubicle neighbor moved in....Scott. He's got cube stuff.
Lovin' the PEZ dispensers
After work I decided that it's still too cold to walk outside so a stroll at Jordan Creek was in order. Uh oh...so distracting! A cruise into Scheel's showed lots of excited Cyclone fans shopping for gear. The Sweet 16 shirts were selling like hotcakes. Paul scored a red one. (after I texted him a pic)

Whilst walking, any time I came across a fellow Cyclone fan (lots of folks are sporting the gear - and I had a Cyclone T-shirt on), we smiled at each other happily. It's a great time to be a Cyclone! I wonder what people who aren't sports fans get all nutty about? I mean I had that extra smile all day Monday and even today I was still pretty jacked up. If one doesn't like sports, what puts that smile on their face? Just wondering. Oh...maybe stuff like helping people and making the world better? Okay, you win.

I came up with an analogy - Twitter vs. Facebook for Lent.

You know when you give up chocolate for Lent...so you think well, at least I can still have carob. You know that stuff that's like chocolate, but is better for you. Ummm, not nearly as good.






No comments: