Sunday, March 30, 2014

Wondering about you

I stole this pic of Amy off her Facebook earlier this year

Since my Facebook crash diet I've been pondering - has this stuff been going on without me on the site?

Creston
  • Did Kathy and Dave Rieck finish their remodeling job on their house? How is Callie's foot?
  • I heard Kyle Anthony and his wife Jess had a baby boy. How's it going? What's he look like? Have Nancy and Jim been down doting? Is Kendra a doting auntie? Do her dogs (and Nancy's) lick the baby's face?
  • Just who has been hugging Barb Coenen lately? What nutty thing has Barb been reporting on from her biz, Maple Street Memories. Does Tyler like his new job in Dallas?
  • How is the Nielson kids' senior year winding down? I'm sure Beth is posting some great pics. Come to think of it, Peg Eblen is prolly posting about Levi too. They both have likely appreciated the Cyclones' great run during the Big 12 tourney and to the Sweet 16.
  • Larry Peterson is lamenting his picks in the NCAA tourney (I kinda know this because he is a Twitter guy too). Is Deb kicking his butt in the CNA pool?
  • The McKims have probably also appreciated the Cyclones run. Plus, I've heard from Pablo that Donnie posted cool pics from the lake place place. Jealousy rears its ugly head - the last thing you'd want to happen during Lent!
  • Lena McKim - Katie's dog has probably had her photo posted several times in all of her adorableness.
  • Phil Conover most likely has been posting from cool places with cool people - including Damon Dotson and cute girls.
Atlantic
  • Has Kathy Hjortshoj Larsen been posting pics of her home on the beautiful watershed structure (think large pond or small lake) on Highway 71 outside of Atlantic. I've always eyed that area as we drove between Creston and Atlantic. We'd go through my fave small town in Iowa - Bridgewater. What a pretty name for a town. I liked seeing Doris Department Store - you can't find that in suburban WDM, IA. Those were the types of stores that my father made a living selling lingerie to for 30+ years.
  • Toni Robinson Mason - what's granddaughter Evelyn up to? Is she walking? Haha - she's only a few months old but growing up fast. And their (her husband Dan is also my HS classmate) son is a frosh at ISU, while she and Dan are Iowa grads. I hope he survived this brutal winter! He is an Arizona boy - Toni has reminded us frequently all winter by providing the week's forecast when Iowa was going through yet another awful stretch.
  • Becky Nelson Case probably posted pics of more snow in Minnesota
  • Pam Nelson Jepperson might have traveled again to Seattle to see her daughter - that's when she posts pics. Her grandson is a cutie.
  • Candice Drake Morey (another HS classmate) is probably posting information about her daughter's wedding. Pablo and I tried to look Candice up the weekend of the Big 12 tourney. She works at JCrew on the Plaza. Candice's daughter is marrying a former Hawkeye football athlete who now plays for the Houston Texans.
  • Sandy Larsen Alleman has probably posted some cute animal videos that I'm missing out on.
  • Sue Tyler (forget her married name) has probably posted some stuff about the spring sports of her Wisconsin high school spring sports. And about her sons - cute kids.
  • Mona Jones likely posted some stuff about her kids and the upcoming Kentucky Derby. Probably her hat she's going to wear and mint juleps.
  • Cindy Dean posted about her cat, son, school and food - or all of the afore mentioned
  • I bet Ted Simpson talked about Nebraska hoops until they lost (good run by them) and then was complimentary of ISU, because he's a nice guy. Plus he likely posted pics healthy food choices.
  • I hope Jennifer Deter posted pics of new colts. They're so adorable. I got to see pics of Jane and her on vaca in sunny Florida right before I checked out.  
  • Robyn Bredensteiner Uehling probably posted some animal clips or other inspiring stuff - she's a newbie to FB. Missing my Robbiedob.
  • Roger Underwood and wife Connie are likely in some exotic location.
  • Jane Buck - has probably posted on so many things and I miss them.
Treehuggers
  • Shelly Codner is posting stuff about her fam - those gingers she gave birth to. That fam seems like a close one and I like reading about their doins'. Plus Shelly posts about her work as an Iowa Waste Exchange rep.
  • Theresa Stiner either posted pics of her latest foster dog (they take in puppies on a temp basis from the shelter) or nature pics that are very nice.
  • Becky Jolly and Angie Clark put probably put pics on FB of their fams that make me smile and remember our kids when they were young.
Jud and Kara's Facebook selfie


Family and others

  • Karen Krueger, Paul's niece with 3 young sons, makes me laugh with her rare posts. Life at their house is crazy, but in a loving, fun way.
  • Katie Goldsmith Lee and hubbie Albert both have likely posted pics of their fam - good thing Katie blogs so I can get a bit of a fix that way!
  • I got to see the annual Meyer fam pics Mardis Gras from North Carolina. Our nephew Terry a New Orleans gal...and Bonnie took her traditions along with her to their new home. Their kids and friends enjoy it!
  • I bet my niece Jordie has posted more adorable pics of my great nephews Jonah and James. The two boys are probably grown up and have their licenses since I last saw them. Sob. Okay so they're 9 months and going on 2. Jordie has also probably posted what's in her ear. How is her new job going? Aunties want to know!
  • What's my niece Leslie up to anyway...she prolly posted more cute baby pics.
  • Kelli Behr Hoskins has probably posted some interesting pics of food and upcoming shows in Mpls. Or a family shot of my peeps the Behrs.
  • Speaking of relative..my sis Betso is winding down on daughter Sarah's senior year. And likely posted a couple Hawaii pics too. I missed all that. Blink back tears.
  • Amy has been busy starting up her new graphic design biz - the website is still in development. Here's the Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/aegdesignco/    If you need a logo/brand or an invitation (like wedding invitation) or brochure, help with your resume look - contact the kiddo. Other than that - she's probably posted a few cute pics.
  • Bonnie P. could have gone on another quick trip with her HS friend with cheap airfare anywear.
  • Jud most likely posted about sports and his recent trip for his buddy Jeff's bachelor party. He's got a new job. So his last day at Altec was Friday. Now he'll be posting about a new adventure - finding a place to live in St. Louis and starting a new job at Boeing.
  • Jud's GF Kara has probably posted a few quips joshing about Jud's intensity about sports. Plus she got together recently with some high school friends in the Twin Cities.     
I probably missed some people - because I'm old and forgetful and it's been a while since I've been on the site. Many of the other people who are my pals on FB are infrequent posters - people who are more comfortable reading about others' antics than they are posting about their own. (My husband is one of those)  

No comments: