Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fox

I wish Dave would have had the helmet on Friday - but he was walking, not biking

George Goldsmith, Paul's dad usually called him Fox or Foxy. I'm talking about Dave Fox, our brother-in-law - Paul's sister Jean's husband. He's quite a character. Jean and Dave were the first two of Paul's family members I met when we started dating. I should have gone running to the hills!

No not really. Jean is as nice as can be. Dave is a teaser...a BSer. But under that crusty surface...a great guy. A Viet Nam veteran, he finished a long successful career with the National Guard - traveling all over the world. In his spare time he had a barber shop in Webster City and Jean had an American Family Insurance Business in town. They raised four great kids too.

Last Friday while walking on the trail in the photo - something happened to Dave. He was found laying on the trail with a head injury. His body temp was quite low - and he was wet and muddy though he wasn't found in water and mud. The Webster City Hospital sent him by Life Flight to Mercy in DSM. He had talked a bit but was mostly unconscious. Scary stuff!

Monday he got out of ICU. Jean stayed with us last night - nice to have a chance to hang out with her. I'm happy to report that today, Tuesday, Dave was sitting up eating breakfast. Just wait until his daughter Peg arrives tomorrow. That will confuse him  - I can hear him now, "what the hell are you doing here?" I look forward to hearing him giving me crap again.

Your continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated! I'll keep you posted.




No comments: