Thursday, December 12, 2013

White Week, White Christmas

One of my favorite holiday shows is the classic White Christmas. It's my sis Betso's fave too - I wonder if our Mom got us started watching it? I'm not a huge old movie fan, but I do have a few that I've grown accustomed to. Who doesn't like Bing and Danny together dancing with babes? The music is great too - Irving Berlin.

So when I saw that Irving's White Christmas was coming to DSM I knew I had to snag tickets. I wasn't quick enough on the draw and didn't get close tickets - but they were good enough. We went on the first night - Tuesday. Paul and I went a bit early and got dinner and a drink at our place - The Standard, the martini bar across 3rd Street. The show was a long one and we didn't get home until about 10:30. But it was well worth it!

The plot was very similar to the TV movie - but not exactly.
What do you do with a general?
The whole cast could sing and dance!
 
Colors were vivid!
 
I love live shows and living closer to the Civic Center is one of the benefits of living here. Tomorrow night - we're off to the ISU vs. Iowa men's basketball game!

No comments: