Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Embers were warm


Pablo and I went back to Jesse's Ember's at 33rd and Ingersoll last Saturday night. I love that place, man! It's like a restaurant of my youth - an old fashioned steak house. And it's cozy - only 16 tables with a tiny bar off to the right that seats maybe 5 people tops. People stand and wait until they may be seated.

Paul and I found a special spot next to the bar. The bartender chatted us up. He was a moonlighting Meredith Publishing Employee. He knows Marg, our realtor and her daughters. He served a fine vodka tonic.

I had the rib special when we were seated. There was a birthday party going on at the table text to us. The waitress was a veteran - not some college Barbie. I liked her. I had a great view of the cook. Yep - Jesse's is going to be another one of our regular haunts, I believe. It's a night time version of the Waveland CafĂ©.

The cook on the right

We thought about driving through Jolly Holiday Lights after supper - the charity Christmas light show in Waterworks Park. Right! The line was backed up way north on ML King. We decided to wait for another night.

No comments: