Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Day

Christmas Morning we had a smaller group without Jud and Amy. Paul took her to work early at Beaver Creek at 7:15 a.m. That was strange - neither of our kids was with us on Christmas morning. Jordan, Colby and Liv had to stand in as our token children. Cindy hides pickle ornaments on the tree. Jordan spotted the big one and Liv spied the tiny one so they got to open the first gifts.

We stored Amy's gifts for later when she got back from work - the ones from and for her. Colby always does a nice job of purchasing a gift for his momma. He stepped in after Bolder passed away.
Cindy checks out her Golden Bear bracelet

Jigsaw therapy
My sissy game me this. :>)

Betso had my name for Christmas this year (the sisters alternate - though every year we are confused as to who has whom). Usually that means I get a basket! So I was surprised to see a long skinny wrapped box. Longaberger sells knives now - who knew?!? I haven't looked at their catalog for a while. I got a swell paring knife. Pablo got me a Golden Bear (Vail's signature jewelry) necklace that I had admired in their catalog. He actually listened to me! Colby received a fly fishing pole and some lure type stuff to tie flies. I got Paul a new camouflage down jacket he had admired - it's light as a feather. (Probably because down is feathers...).

When Amy got back from her day of working at Beano's, we did it all again without Colbs and Liv. We talked to Jud on the phone too - he was having a good time in Columbus with the Whiteds. He enjoyed seeing the Ohio State University stadium and Kara's mom Renee had cooked some great pie and cake.
Appies - such good cheese
Look at that beef...and the prime rib too. haha
Bonnie always makes beautiful desserts

That night we went to the Pottorff's house for prime rib and lots of other good food. The new food I tried this year was Brussels sprouts. I haven't eaten that particular food since childhood when Pat Bullock made me eat the vile things. I chewed them, spit them into my napkin and fed them to Jud the dog. And vowed then never again to eat them. And never to make my own children eat crap!


Telling jokes
My crown slipped on my tiny head - check out the fab ring found in my popper
But wait a minute...EPott - Eric, made these with cream and bacon. They were delightful! I liked the cranberry salad Shalloy made too. It was all good - including the cookie dessert. Bonnie got out "poppers" at the end, and we all ended up with crowns - found inside along with other cool stuff like jokes, games and jewelry. Some people looked like Jughead in the crowns. Of course with my pinhead, mine slipped down to my nose.
Behind Eric - the "kid's table"
 
When it was time to leave...we had to do final goodbye hugs. I hate that. But we'll see Colby and Cindy in April. And Amy (and Jordan) in May if not before then. I hope to even get out to Grand Junction to see my sis Susi's new house then...before it's not new anymore!

The next day we did the "quick" trip back - 12 hours, very few stops. We dropped Amy off at her place on our way through Denver. We were home a little after 6 p.m. Odie was glad to be home. So were Paul and I. Family rocks! And friends do too. Feeling blessed.

No comments: