Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jethro's in Waukee

Joan and I have been meaning to try out the new Jethro's Barbecue on University in Waukee for quite some time, so last week - before I moved out of her place temporarily - we did!
It's a lot bigger than it looks from the outside! Good thing too - because the parking lot is always full. There are TVs everywhere and the smell of barbecue wafts through the air. I selected a Pale Ale draw to sip while we waited for our food. I selected 2 meats - chicken and beef brisket, along with a corn muffin green beans and mashed sweet potatoes. It was about $16, but J had a coupon for 15% off, so we got a bargain - and I ended up eating barbecue for 2 meals after that night!

This Jethro's location also serve Cajun food - and the peel and eat shrimp made me pine for Marco Island, Florida!

Our night at Jethro's convinced me of one thing - Joan and I should have eaten out together more. Now I'll get a chance to check out some Downtown/East Village places with Pablo.

No comments: