Sunday, January 15, 2012

The jacket

I talked Paul into recycling a sport coat today. He took the initiative to take some stuff out of his closet  - to take to Goodwill. Then he and I went to work. I'm a tosser. My mother was a tosser, and I take after her. Paul is more of a packrat. My rule is - if you haven't worn it in the past year, someone else might as well be wearing it. You need to give it up.

There are a few exceptions. Vintage stuff, like the shirt my grandma Momo bought me, and Mom's blue suede pants. And my Adidas Superstars from High School. Some things you just can't get rid of. But just clothes - those have got to go.

I always liked that sport coat - taupe and navy with white. But it was time for it to go! Paul agreed - and began to clean out the pockets before he put it in the bag. Wedding and funeral papers - the oldest one dating back to 1997. Yikes! It hadn't been dry cleaned since then? To be fair, he hadn't worn since 2004...according to stuff in his pockets anyway.

He also got rid of his faded black jeans - yay. Various frayed color shirts, and old logo Cyclone gear. Some other people are going to love those things.

I'm so proud that Paul's cleaned his closets. He's going to be one of the sharpest dressed guys at the Federal Building!

No comments: