Thursday, January 26, 2012

Catching up

I've been gone! Two days of traveling Iowa - though I can't complain about the weather, no sir! Cory - the chap DNR hired to help with one of my programs and I first went to Tracy, Iowa - near Knoxville yesterday. Then we jetted (in his rented KIA) off to Spencer, arriving at 8 PM.

And who lives in Spencer? (or at least she does in the winter...) Mary Faber! So I texted her that I'd be in town, and we got together for a beer. It was swell catching up with one of my fave peeps in the whole world.


Mary works at Iowa Lakes Community College and should be awarded her Phd this summer. Quite an accomplishment for our scholarly friend. That's a lot of time and effort! Who knows what life will bring post escuela?

My two meetings went very well. I'm happy and very tired. Two long days. When I got back about 6:15 PM, Paul and I decided to head to Dos Rios - just down the skywalk to eat. Tamales were good - and guacamole bar too. But I've overeaten and now I'm miserable. Reminding me why I usually try to avoid eating so much. Couldn't stop on the green stuff!

Heading home to Creston tomorrow - Paul feels like he's been here a week. Oh, wait - he has! 



No comments: