Monday, October 17, 2011

Peaceful Sunday

I spent my Sunday morning so peacefully. That's why I love being Catholic...we can get church out of the way...um I mean celebrate Holy Eucharist on Saturday evening. So I can sleep in a bit (I still got up at 8 a.m.) and relax. Yesterday I didn't even rush out to get the paper. After all, who wanted to read about the Cyclone game. Ugg. They stunk it up.

Paul had sneaked out early to hunt. (I think he let his alarm go several times, but I have successfully learned to block those noises out, after 29 years of this activity). So I was on my own. I love watching CBS's Morning Show. And somehow I've become a political show junkie as well. I know, it's disgusting. Why do I bother? Both sides are quite irritating. As I watched, I messed around with my iTunes creating a new playlist - Mumford and Sons.

Paul got home just after 11:30 a.m. - when I was busy doing laundry and vacuuming. He was itching to watch the Packers...alas they weren't on TV. And he's keeping costs down by not signing up for the NFL package. I didn't volunteer to go to a bar to watch it with him. Bah Humbug...I'm tired of pro football already! I ran to WalMart for a few things.

After the game we did an activity together. ;>) My fave part of the day. We took Odie to Green Valley State Park for a hike. She's such a wimp! She was off the leash, jogging along sniffing things. Paul walked ahead and cleared the mowed trail of a dead bloody mole or some such creature. We couldn't fool the nose. She zeroed right in on the spot - and immediately turned back towards the car. Dead things be Here!

We forged ahead but I was forced to pick her up and carry her 11 pound body for a while. Then Paul did. She finally walked a bit more, but she finally decided to walk a while. When we did turn around she practically scampered towards the car - just like a barn shy horse. She is definitely a homegirl!

Deb came over later in the afternoon to chat. I do need my Debbie fix! She and Larry had been to Iowa City to see Keith and his GF (now fiance!) Kelsey and go to the Hawkeye game. It was fun to get caught up on each others' lives. Brett and Shawna moved back to Nashville and are now working temp type jobs while looking for career jobs. I cooked hamloaf for supper, and The Good Wife was on at 8 PM. Amy called at 10ish to fill us in on her birthday weekend, and Paul talked to Jud earlier in the evening. So a quiet Sunday was pretty nice.

No comments: