Sunday, October 16, 2011

Husbands beware

Of wives coming home from a week of high anxiety, high pressure work at their away from home jobs. Throw in concern for relatives and friends with health issues. That wife might be all negative and critical. And therefore hard to live with. Hmmm whom could that be?

This story ends in a "come to Jesus" moment after a crabby trip to the grocery store and a couple hours of mutual silent treatment (my trademark). I was under the impression I was being unfairly criticized.

Then I went on an afternoon "I can't take listening to the awful Cyclone Football Game" walk, while listening to Collective Soul. I thought over my behavior since arriving home Thursday night. I came to realize I had been "acting out". Taking a page from our children back in the day - take it out on the ones you love!

I've had a long couple weeks. (This busy time doesn't look like it will be over until Thanksgiving - note to self to get a better stress reduction method) Nothing stresses me more than having things at work that I'm responsible for, yet are out of my immediate control. On top of that, I've been out of the office so much, emails and duties have stacked up so at times I was not only doing two things at once, but three. I broke out the Silly Putty to squeeze for stress relief.

Through all this, I try to continue to put up a "happy face" for co-workers and Joan. That comes with a price. For Paul, I guess! I saved up that anger over this situation and my wicked tongue let fly a few times. Mea Culpa.

I came home from my walk and apologized. Which isn't easy for me. Because I don't say I'm sorry unless I mean it - so it's emotional. It was a relief though - silent treatment over. Leaving me free to enjoy the rest of this gorgeous October day.

ON a happy note:

Keith - at back with Bullwinkle horns
Church, supper at A&G - where we ran into Ginny and Wayne Lents. Their son Jason, who is Jud's age, is engaged to GF Adair! Wow - Jud's classmates are dropping like flies. Keith Peterson proposed to his GF Kelsey this week too. They're growing up so fast. Congrats to the happy couples!
Jason Lents - right in the middle of the pic, 2 left of Jud in his dyed blond hair stage

No comments: