Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jimmy Johns Jones and I'm a princess

I seem to have a Jimmy John's Jones lately. At least once a week I'm up for a #2 (Big John - it's roast beef - real stuff not that fakey pressed crap, lettuce, tomato) no mayo/sauce (that's oil and vinegar for you un-educated ones), no cheese. Plus I'm liking their ice tea. I take my Tervis thermal with the screw on lid and pack it full of ice so it will last all day. Then I sit on a bench in the shade on Locust Street and read a publication or my smart phone. Good stuff!

At least I had my nails done at Princess Nails tonight. The last couple times I've had them done (except for that time in Creston, when Curtiss Bird's Mom did them...) the gal that did them kinda ignored me, and spoke her native tongue to the person next to her. I imagined her saying mean things about me...

Tonight - that nice young man, Tran, made me his princess. Because there were no other customers I guess. I got an extra long leg rub. He ask about my family. He turned on the chair "massga" - he couldn't quite say massage.

He couldn't quite get rid of my callus from walking...little toe - okay they may not look the best ever, but he was nice dammit!
Tran is Vietnamese and has lived in this country six years. I could understand nearly everything he said! He was a sweet kid. He kept asking if he was doing okay - I was a little embarrassed. Then he went a little crazy when he painted artwork on my big toe. Like I said - slow day. There has been construction on 22nd Street and I think it's taken its toll on the biz. So if you get a chance, go see Tran - nice guy.

Last night I shopped at Von Maur at Valley West. It's an upscale department store that employs piano players for its Baby Grand Piano. I love hearing them play. I feel rich shopping there - and mostly one needs to be! I did buy an ISU shirt Monday night. Plus I checked out the sandals in the sale room, but didn't see anything. But never fear - Bertha Bruise got her some Merrills at the Fit to Be Tied store.

I always think of Odie when I see this doormat.

I want to lick your face - look into my eyes
Today I was in Subaru Heaven. Got the oil changed in my 2009 Outback - the waiting room was full, and one fam even had a baby. So I sat outside on a gorgeous summer day and gazed upon the selections. I drooled a little.

No comments: