Thursday, July 26, 2012

I work with a bunch of losers...

I'm not kidding! Once a week or more I (and everyone else in our building) gets an email stating: Found, in the (location) a (item). Claim (location).
Here are some recent examples: Found, in the 4th Floor Women's Restroom, a ladies earring. Claim at customer service station. Those DNR people lose stuff all the time!

Now even though I work on 5th floor, and have not frequented said restroom, I find myself tugging on my earlobes to make sure my earrings are in place! Or if a watch is found in the men's restroom - I still check to see if mine on my arm...who knows? Those little buggers can move under their own power sometimes!

I wonder what it was like around DNR/Wallace Building before Gore invented the Internet? Did they do announcements like school - on an Intercom system? "Attention Everyone! Keys with a Budweiser can opener keychain have been found in the parking ramp." Or "Snack Bar will remain open another 15 minutes" Oh sorry - that's Cheech and Chong. They do a monthly safety announcement during a staff meeting - we pause briefly to allow them to finish, but just like when I fly, I don't really listen.

But I'll keep reading those lost item emails. Even when I'm working at home on Fridays.

A couple other funnies to brighten up your week. I don't know about you - but it's been kind of a long one for me. Physical therapy, slow recovery on the shoulder, post vacation. You all know the drill. This too shall pass. Plus, when I see all those other people at PT, I think my problems are small!



Sorry if it's a lil off color for ya - it's my landfill language...

No comments: