Monday, July 23, 2012

Bits and pieces

Ach! The hot, dry summer in Iowa is something else. It does remind me of 1988, back when I worked at First National Bank in Creston. That was the last time it was this dry and hot in the area. I would help stuff bank statements with Sandy Hysell, Cathy Lacina, Pam Grey and others. Cathy, whose former farmed, would talk about hauling water for livestock. We didn't even have Jud then! Seems so long ago.

The yards in Waukee are torched...this is Joan's

I had breakfast with my homegirls this a.m. It was nice to see everyone, though Diana and Bobbie were not there. Nancy, that stud muffin, rode her motorcycle (a Harley) with the Hells Angels (her husband Jim) to bike night in Winterset. She was very proud of herself - her longest ride yet, as she just got the two-wheeled cycle of death (as my mother called them) a few weeks ago. Paul has to report to me each time she drives by on it. It reminds me of his father George Goldsmith, how he used to enjoy keeping up on the neighbor girl's love life.  Nancy got coaching from Chuck, our waiter, on how to waive when one rides a Harley. Two fingers, ya'll.

My physical therapist took pity on me today and went easy. Oh I had to use the instrument of torture - otherwise known as "The Pulleys". When I bought it last week, I joked with Lori the receptionist that I had read 50 Shades of Grey and the contraption would be very useful...HA! Like I feel amorous with this shoulder pain.
My arm is bruised from the manipulation
I took a stroll - not a Deb Peterson power walk around the neighborhood tonight.
This was after I replaced the front right headlight in my car. That's right. I'm a motorhead. As I drove out of my garage this a.m. Charlene Dunphy flagged me down and told me I had a headlight out. Dang...not another one! I love my car, but it goes through lights like nothing else. Anyway after work I cruised to NAPA, thinking...well they'll put it in. Wrong! So I got out the instructions at Joan's. I had to take the air intake out. Holy Snikes! Good thing Joan came home to help me put it back in! But it works - let's hope it points in the right direction.

Joan and I just watched the end of Uncle Buck one of my all time fave movies. John Candy you left us too soon!

No comments: