Sunday, July 29, 2012

Friends, Corn and Recovery

I think NBC network execs are knuckleheads for delaying showing exciting Olympic events until the evening. It's the weekend! We all know Michael Phelps lost and that hunky other guy whose name starts with L (I can't ever remember it) won. L guy has the body of a god...

Dumb move NBC. Because we were busy watching this:
Sunset looking NW from Creston
at Bobbie and Jeff's house. So we didn't even get to watch the race - though we already knew Phelps didn't medal.

B & J invited McKims, Eckhoffs and us over for delish grilled burgers. All we had to take was a bit of beer and some sweet corn. Roomie Joan and her husband Billy and sis Jeanie (they're both Jeff's sisters) stopped by later too. It was a nice night, with thunder and lightning all around but alas no rain. Fun chatting with good friends.

As I said, Paul and I were in charge of rounding up sweet corn for the night. We heard the Gates fam lost their 2nd batch of sweet corn - drought? raccoons?. The Gates family tent is where I usually get my sweet corn in town - right on main street. So yesterday we had to track down the Kiburtz stuff at Casey's South. It wasn't all bad though because their sales kid, while no Olympic swimmer, was rather built. Gee there seems to be a theme here. Am I becoming a dirty old woman? Perhaps reading "Fifty Shades of Grey" got to me more that I thought.

But face it, romance and hanky panky has been the last thing on my mind with this shoulder. It's felt a bit better at times. But is still plenty painful. My bruise is now deep purple. Like the song.
Bruises must be from doc grasping my arm to break scar tissue in shoulder
I see the surgeon tomorrow and will find out just how I'm doing compared to others who have experienced frozen shoulder. I'm not sure how hard to push therapy. It seems to be more painful if I work it hard. If the scar tissue will eventually go away anyway I would prefer to be painfree. After some 3 full months of constant pain, I've about had it. But when I see some of the others awaiting Physical Therapy at Penn Med, I feel like such a wimp! I am sick of taking pain meds too. I'm done whining now.

Good thoughts and prayers to my sissy Cindo as she recovers from partial knee replacement #2. She had to be on oxygen for a while post surgery, but she got rid of extra O2 now. She even went to the grocery store yesterday but said it about wiped her out...
Cindy had her left knee done in April, Right knee July!

The Bullock girls are on the mend! We text each other often - kindred recovering spirits.

1 comment:

Andra said...

I hope your arm feels better soon, I think that is the biggest bruise I have ever seen!