Monday, July 30, 2012

The Agony and the Extacy

I decided to name the bruise on my arm Bertha. After all the tumor got to be Imelda the shoe loving tumor. And a surgeon took that out. Dr. Schulte gave this bad boy to me getting rid of scar tissue. It's been 2 weeks already and I'm venturing a guess that Bertha will be around at least another 2 weeks. So I bought some shoes tonight. Bertha is now the color of eggplant and she likes shoes.

I saw Dr. Schulte today for a total of about 5 minutes. He said - more therapy. Yippy. Then I went to therapy at Penn Med where I had a different therapist today - Tim. Geri is on vaca. Lucky for her - bad for me. Tim is a tool of torture. I cried. I don't have a problem with stretching to new heights and lengths. I'd just like to have had more warning. I had to ask for a tissue for the tears running down my face. I have to see Tim again in the a.m. For future appointments - I'm going to make sure they're Tim Free. I don't mind being pushed - and others, the women have done it. Just not so abruptly.

After my appointment I had another appointment - this one with my masseuse. My lady of mercy Christine. She was quite gentle, especially around Bertha. She said rubbing a bruise can cause blood clots. Chris sounded upset when I told her of my treatment. I might have been a bit dramatic. The massage was wonderful! Best thing that's happened to my body for a while. I do hope that I'm over the hump when it comes to pain. Fingers crossed!

No comments: