Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rotten day and progress

I had a somewhat rotten day today. First I woke up groggy - left over Advil PMs in my system I guess. I hate that!

Then I drove over to Penn Med for Physical Therapy at 10:15 a.m. only to find out that Lori the clerk had tried to call me - on my home phone. Gee that's in Creston. I didn't get it.

I know in all that paperwork they had me fill out I gave them my cell number, why didn't she use that? It seems Tim has to call the insurance company to find out if they'll allow more visits after my initial 20. I also had discussed this with them earlier - asking them if they would cover this. I figured they had already done so...guess not. Today I wasted 45 minutes for nothing! They'll call if I can go to Thursday's appointment. The made me grumpy.

Then, I messed up something at work - it was resolved somewhat easily, but still, I dislike finding out that I screwed something up. I assigned the same grant number to 2 grants! Estupido! I have a list of grant numbers, but they were on 2 pages. It was really dumb. I put them all on 1 page now so it doesn't happen again.

On a better note, it was the first day I noticed that my shoulder is improving! So take that crappy day. In your face! It was really the lack of pain that I first noticed on my lunchtime walk - what a refreshing surprise! I ate a lovely salad I had picked up at Target the night before - chicken with greens and walnuts, goat cheese and crancherries. So yummy. I sat at my usual bench in the shade on Locust.

After lunch though - that's when I discovered my mess up. Bummerooski. I hate being human sometimes. Again though - in the afternoon, I noticed I didn't need meds, ice, nothing!

After work I stopped by Trader Joe's to get a few things for the Goldsmith Fam Reunion this weekend. I love picking out foods there - stuff you can't get at Fareway or HyVee. Plus I got a Cod dinner for supper - it was pretty good. When I got home I did my exercises and walked to the Waukee Library to take my book back. That's a pretty good hike, and again the should was feeling fine. I think I'm turning the corner so that makes me happy!

Roomie Joan is working late this week so I've hardly seen her. I don't like that - miss hanging with her. I do like watching the Olympics though! I think they should do them every year. I know - then they wouldn't be special.

Tomorrow - a half hour massage! Yay!

No comments: