Friday, August 24, 2012

Bun costume payback!

I don't know about you but the past few weeks have been a blur? Perhaps it's been my pain medication...no not really. I haven't been taking anything too strong. I'm down to mere Advil these days.

This week I was in recovery from the fab time at Lake of the Ozarks. Fun but I do miss my home time! 16 hours to do laundry and sleep don't quite cut it. I was quite pooped. Had Physical Therapy a couple times - but with Geri, who is great. She's working on getting my shoulder blade back in place.

Then I decided to give attention to another med problem I'd noticed for the past few weeks. My ear hurt. Not really like an infection but inside farther than I could reach with a Qtip. Perplexing. I'd put off dealing with it because the darn shoulder. But I finally broke down and made an appointment for Tuesday, which made for a busy day. PT early, haircut and color touchup mid-day, then ear at 4:15 p.m. I barely had time to squeeze in work!

Sheryl checked me over and took a look in my ear. She said it was a little red but she saw a hair in there, would I like her to wash it out? Sure! So she brought in an assistant and a squirter, with a tray to catch water/suds. What resulted was what looked like an Odie hair! Yep - it had been in my ear since about 4th of July I figure...irritating. Odie does sleep in my spot when I'm gone - like the lil missus. So my pillow gets hairy. I got some drops to help any residual soreness in there. Thank God it wasn't a bug...my buddy Kay had that happen to her one time. Interesting note - I mentioned to Sheryl how my allergies have been so non-existent this summer, when so many others are miserable. She laughed and said I can thank my miserable shoulder and the steroid shots I received because of it! Aha - it all makes sense now...
The hair was prolly payback for this bun costume...

That night I celebrated the successful hair removal by meeting Pablo and Don and Diana McKim at "Meet the ISU Coaches" at the 7 Flags Events Center. It was a rah rah event but fun to hear what the coaches had to say. I was ready to strap on pads and run through a brick wall after hearing ISU Football Coach Paul Rhoads! Of course Freddie Hoiberg is dreamy and loved seeing my honey during the week too!

Wednesday night Joanie and I went to the Chinese place in the strip mall near her house. The food wasn't great but always nice to spend some time with my roomie/landlady. She's such a sweetie. We always say we're going to do that more often and then we don't. Note to self! Thursday needs to be a blog unto itself - big work day.

1 comment:

jules said...

Your Q-tip comment made me nervous. I distinctly remember you losing the end of a Q-tip in your VCR in college right at the start of our freshman year. Be careful with those things! Haha.