Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Just a couple days...

Is it just Tuesday?
Tonight was our Anniversary date at Centro. Cool place!
Centro
We exchanged cards but didn't have any big gifts for each other...at this age we pretty much get what we want...if we can afford it anyway. So he is getting a big elk hunting trip in September and I received a beautiful ring that I designed myself. It was made from my engagement ring, the anniversary ring Paul gave me for my 13th year (lucky) and two small diamonds from my Mom's engagement ring. I took all those rings to my sis Cindo's jeweler, Dennis, in Edwards, Colorado.

Dennis gave me credit for the gold (he teased me that midwest gold is cheap because we're thrifty...). I described what I had in mind for a ring made up from the stones. When it was done, he sent it to Paul. One day, shortly after that - in June - Paul found me all sweaty on the deck after a walk, and he proposed again. It was very touching when he gave me the ring - my sweetheart. His first proposal may not have been too romantic, but that one meant a great deal to me.

 We enjoyed our meal at Centro! We both started with Cosmo martinis and toasted our 30 years.

Paul had steak while I tried the parmeson crusted halibut - we both got garlic mashed potatoes with our meals, plus I had asparagus. Very good! I have to say Alba is still my fave fancy place though. Maybe I was just hungrier that night...

We did a little shopping in WDM, then all too soon it was time for Paul to head back to Creston. I'll be home in 2 days and we're both excited to see our children this weekend. Amy flies in Friday evening and Jud and Kara are driving up. We'll all attend the ISU game Saturday. Go Clones! Feeling very blessed on our 30th Anniversary.

Monday night I made my first visit to the new Whole Foods store on University in WDM. It looks to be a pretty cool store! Lots of locally grown foods, with organic selections and stuff you can't get elsewhere. It seems much bigger than Trader Joe's but is probably a bit larger.
Outside front door
It wasn't very busy when I was there
Where old cigarette machines go - they become art o mat
No crappy recycling inside the beautiful store - this machine is outside the entrance

No comments: