Thursday, August 9, 2012

Blind Mellon Chitlin Scores Giant Monitor

I don't even have a personal computer at work anymore. Sniff, sniff. They took it away a few months ago and now I have a "Thin Client". My how things go around. They used to call them "Dummy Terminals" so Thin Client sounds a lot better, doncha think?

What it comes down to is the DNR IT staff got tired of removing viruses from people's computers. Some of us (not MEEEE) put too much crap on our work computers. My bosses generously allow me to work at home - accessing the mainframe using a fob and Citrix software. So I didn't argue when my elderly desktop pooped out and they told me I was getting a cheaper thin client instead. But you can't adjust those units a great deal - including fonts.

My emails were tiny! So was my display - so I asked about trading my elderly monitor for something larger. I thought maybe they had one in a back room. Nope! So I've struggled along, with my monitor perched on a book to reduce neck and eye strain. Yesterday, lo and behold, an IT staffer I've never seen before showed up at my cubicle with a giant box. I was on the phone but I figured it out - I moved my stuff out of the way lickity split!
Check out my cubicle - all my photos and momentos make me happy!
Now I'm the user of this nice new giant monitor. And my crappy eyes don't have to work nearly as hard. The book - "Toxics in the Waste Stream" can be returned to the shelf.

Did I mention my new hardhat?
I love my job!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going' downtown gonna see my gal...

Anonymous said...

Gonna sing her a song...

amy e. goldsmith said...

I don't see me in those photos.

lgold said...

Gonna show her my ding dong!

And Amy - that's you, in Turkey with a hat on at the top left! You're in the fam one under the VW bus. Plus you're in several on my flipper that can't be seen...with Jud and Kara, with Jenna and Chelle.