Monday, December 12, 2011

Silver tongued Sarah

It all started two years ago when I first heard about Sarah, the Master Stylist at Sahar Salon here in Des Moines. Diana and Nancy were talking about her cutting their hair. Then my "stylist" at Hair House" moved away and Woody cut my hair - badly. I knew it was time - to finally get a good hair cut.

Now she's like a guy who could talk you out of your pants...except she's slowly talking into being one of those chicks who does hair! First...it was color. I'd had highlights before - just never good ones.

The first time she got out the blow dryer, I started with my usual - "I just let it dry naturally" and she insisted "Oh you can do this!" Then she showed me what to do, step by step. So I had to go purchase a blow dryer - hadn't had one for years. (And I had to get one for Joan's house too - so I didn't have to drag it back and forth).

We went along like that for over a year...me being so proud for self-grooming. I've written before about how I'm lacking the hair gene. Betso got it...starting when she was young, styling on Barbie's giant head, with that one lock of hair that grew. Cindo and Suso too - they used giant rollers and hair dryers back in the day. Not me - I was known to go days without combing my hair.

Today Sarah was itching to do something different with my hair - and I was ready too. thing a little longer. It was color day too! When it was all washed and ready to dry, she said, "you might need a flat iron for this one". Ahem! Gulp. She is slowly talking me out of my pants. Figuratively speaking....

Love the color.Style? Looks good when Sarah does it! I got a cheap flat iron tonight after work. But I don't think my hands bend that way. Wish me luck!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

slowly but surely you are being converted to our side--the hair people! Looking good seester!