Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My blah day

It started at 3:40 a.m. - and of course I didn't doze off until right about when it was time to get up. Then I got to work, shrugged off my jacket, and my bra clasp popped open. The "girls" must have been clammering to get out. Since it was only 6:30 a.m., I was able to snap it without much embarrassment. Funny feeling though.

I was happy to get back to my diet of cereal and bananas for breakfast. After that weekend of eating out in KC, I needed to added fruit back into my diet. I had restaurant gut!

The first meeting I had went okay. Until I wrote the memo and emailed it - with a note for anyone to let me know it they have suggested changes. Hmmm. Bad idea. People should just write memos themselves if they care that much about how they're written...

My next meeting was irritating. I had been hoping to get out of some of the administrative stuff I do - so I could do more of what I do best. Outreach! Help planning areas. The grants that I write, I had hoped to pass off to others to administer. Unfortunately, not only do I get to keep on administering them, I get to do even more paperwork! Crap. That made me feel crabby.

When the crabby leave work, they go shopping! I needed something for Stormy's wedding this weekend. Amy is a bridesmaid! I spent an hour looking for something to go with gray knit pants, before settling on a sweater dress and shoes at Younkers all for about $60 after coupons and discounts. Bargains made me a bit cheerier.

Aw well - it's only work. I'm sure I'll sleep better tonight!

2 comments:

Mary MG said...

I can't imagine you crabby.

lgold said...

Why, you don't know me very well. I do a very good crabby imitation Mary. Just ask my family! But I'm working on it - life's too short to go about crabby. I hide it pretty well from my workmates and roomie, saving for the ones who love me best...unfortunately for them...