Thursday, December 8, 2011

Decorating Queen and the Grinch

A tale of two roommates - guess which one is which! One is too lazy to put up the full sized Christmas tree - since the fam won't be home for Christmas. Stockings are hung up - kinda with care. Her husband dangles Christmas lights into the bushes. He's even grinchier than she is, but he is a good present wrapper.

The other spends a whole weekend putting up Christmas decorations galore! Even the potty is decorated. It took her two hours to put lights up on the house, and to get Frosty all situated and re-lit from last year's tough winter. And then she discovered she'd put the dangly icicle lights up with the plug in on the wrong end, and had to re-do them. Drat! But she took one for the team and did it.

But the result is extremely festive and Christmasy.

You guessed it! Joan is the EXTREME decorator. I'm the grinch. I don't know how I got this way. It could have something to do with Patrick, Dad's Christmas illness and death, and/or the kids growing up. Or maybe it's just that I grew up.

I must say it's much better now that we go to Vail and spend it with family. This year will be special to be with the Lefebvres now with Bolder fighting cancer. I can't wait to hug him and be with the ones I love. Even if I am a Grinch.  

1 comment:

Mary MG said...

Leslie, I think you just spread your joy and celebrate throughout the year, which I think is healthy. The holidays are depressing for a lot of people, more than they would like to admit. Too much pressure to have the perfect Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus. That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it! :-)