Friday, September 18, 2009

wooowee doggies

That was said in my best Jed Clampet voice. I'm happy to be home and to see my doggy! She was very excited to see me too. She made a big to do about my arrival. It's nice to come home to a friendly face - even if it's just a pointy canine one. The kitty jumped off her spot on the bed to welcome me too. I am a pet magnet!

It was a long week. Not returning to Creston to my beloved Poolboy and my nice soft bed on Thursday night makes the week stretch out unmercifully. You see I have to get my "game face" on when I head to DM to work. As one guy - Nate, the guy who runs the Iowa Rivers program on our floor - he also wrote the bible of kayaking in Iowa - said as we entered the Wallace Building together last Monday, "Boy I can't wait get into that cubicle." Nate - sarcasm is thy real name.

Tonight Pablo and I are heading to the Creston/OM football game vs. Lewis Central. It's Balloon Days weekend in Creston and as I type the balloons are flying. Some 80 or so balloons head to Creston this weekend each year. They go up for fun tonight, and in the morning they'll compete, followed by a parade. More flying tomorrow night and Sunday a.m. weather permitting.

A couple years ago, several balloons landed near our house in an open spot. We heard the whoosh of the gas as they came down, and got up to take photos. It was so beautiful. It's been years since I went to the parade though. Tomorrow we're planning a long walk training for the half marathon in a month.

Did I tell you how happy I am to have my laptop back? Yeah I did.

No comments: