Saturday, September 19, 2009

More Fun!

At Lake of the Ozarks we visited Capn' Ron's fer supper. We need to have more fun! That's why I've adopted "Talk like a Pirate Day" as one of my fave holidays! I first learned of it last year, while we were out in Vegas (Baby). It just seems like the word Vegas needs to be followed by Baby for some reason - like "We're goin' to Vegas Baby!" Back to pirates. Talk like a Pirate Day started thanks to a column by Dave Barry a few years ago. Plus the Pirates of the Caribbean movie series - most popular in the last decade. Also pirates are a group (not counting the evil modern-day pirates) are one group we can't get in trouble by imitating. Arrrgh - it's interestin' to do! I've got me eye patch to be puttin' upon me face. 

Paul and I did a 10 mile training walk this a.m. - the DM 1/2 Marathon is coming up October 18. This will be my second time (first sans uterus) and Paul's first event. Last year I trained harder - since I was home and could work out with my homies. This year I had trainus interuptus due to my hysterectomy. And it's way harder to workout after 9+ hour workdays in DM and without peer pressure - yes even at age 51, peer pressure can be a good thing. Missing from my DM experience. 

Joan is a wonderful roomie, but she's no Deb - spurring me on to better health. During our walk, out Prairie and across Townline to Osage to Howard and back via lots of side streets took 2.5 hours. My tootsies were a bit sore by the end, but I felt pretty good. My goodness, who wouldn't on a beautiful Saturday. And it's Balloon Days in Creston so we got to see a few balloons during the walk. They were way south and east of town though, so once we got back into town we didn't see them again. We also came across someone's lost cell phone, which we plan to drop off at the law enforcement center. When I got home I discovered a lovely pirate mask Cynthia Wolf dropped off (stuck in a plant out front) when we got home. I'm lovin' be home and it's football season - lots to watch on TV. And my little puppy is by my side. Fingers crossed that the Clones show up at today's game at Kent State. We'll be hugging our radio!

2 comments:

Ramona I. Lynam said...

You must have seen balloons much closer this morning. That last one looked like it might have landed in the lake!
I admire your dedication in training for a half marathon. A friend of my daughter, Kari, just completed the 3-day breast cancer walk in Seattle; 20 miles per day. I can't even imagine! Ar-r-r-gh!

lgold said...

That 3 day thing is pure dedication! Yeah I like hearing the balloons as well as seeing them. Enjoyed your photos on FB yesterday.