Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tailgaitin'


Tailgating in Vegas - above
Tailgating is a little like skiing. There is a lot of work before you get to the fun stuff! Last weekend we began preparing for tomorrow night's ISU game. A Thursday night game is especially hard!

We purchased booze at Wal-Mart and I got beer at Fareway. Our baby boy ordered Coors Lite. Then there's the food. There are several couples that tailgate together and we must coordinate. This week, I guess I'm in charge of chicken from HyVee. And figuring out how many pieces to order. I made cookies and snack mix last weekend.

And there is transportation. Pablo is riding up with Jeff, along with a couch and a chair. No room for mwa. So I dialed Dee to see if there is RV room for me. She and Don are coming up earlier in the day to see the orthropod about their decrepit bodies. Sucks to grow old!

Once I'm there though, and hear that band and see the people standing around chatting and partaking in a beverage or two, it will all be worth it, just like that first trip down the mountain after toting one's skis and poles walking in those stiff and hard to walk in ski boots. Shuss!

I hope the game is over by halftime and we know for sure that we have a new coach that football players will run through brick walls for. ISU will never have the most talent, so we have to try harder. No matter how the team does, our tailgating is always a winner!

No comments: