Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Mr. Salty in the Bedroom

Paul walked out of our room Sunday with a perplexed look on his face carrying a jar of nuts. He wanted to know just why those crunchy legumes, a jar of Mr. Salty Peanuts, were in the bedroom. He looked a little jealous - though the lid hadn't even been cracked open!

I had to explain to my dear husband that my physical therapist Christine has assigned me some exercises for my shoulder. I decided I was ready to add in a bit of weight and looked in the cupboard for a soup can...but then I spied Mr. Salty. He is a nicely weighted plastic container with a waist so he, um, I mean it is easily gripped. Not to worry Pablo - you've not been replaced by nuts.

The cleaning crew came to our home today. I put Mr. Salty away in a drawer, but I did leave out a few more of my workout tools. I hope they don't think I'm kinky....
a rubber thingy on the door knob - glad it wasn't on the ceiling fan...
There is also a pulley and ropes on my dresser. All such fun stuff! My arm is doing about 172 degrees - not too bad.

Other health news: Today I went to Methodist for a blood test to see what those T3 and T4 levels are doing after 3 weeks on the Methimizole. It takes about that long for the thyroid to give up the stored hormones...so this is when I should start feeling the effects of the drug which is a blocker. I hope it's more like the front line blocking like the Dallas Cowboys rather than the ISU Cyclones.

No comments: