Saturday, November 8, 2014

I renewed my drivers license

I will be 65 years old when I need to renew it again. Yikes ya'll! Now that got my attention. I was able to renew online, so that was cool. For 8 years! How can I possible be 57 years old? Time is flying...I must be having fun.

It was a pretty darn good birthday as birthdays go when one attains this stellar age. For one thing, I planned a workshop for that whole day - ensuring that I'd have a captive audience. When I introduced our speakers I made sure to announce that it was the day of my birth - and that all 50+ people in attendance should be kind to me. They were!

Angie Clark from my office even took the time to bake a fab ISU cake that brought to the workshop. she broke it out at lunchtime and the whole gang sang "Happy Birthday" to me. I wasn't successful in getting them to do the polka version after that though. My pals Cory and Tom (our consultants for our EMS program) bought me a pretend drink after the meeting. Later I met Paul for a nice prime rib and Nick and John's in Waukee. He gave me tickets to a great musical - Book of Mormon. Good stuff!

Amy and Jud each phoned with well wishes - I always love to be Queen for a Day. Plus I received some nice greeting cards. I am a sucker for a good smart ass card.

My physical therapist got into the game and gave me a card. She and I discovered we share a birthday - which this year happened to fall on voting day. I didn't see her that day, but her office went with the theme and they all dressed in red, white and blue and posted "Christine" campaign promises around the office - in keeping with the day. Just like Iowa's new senator, at PT, Christine makes me squeal.

The rest of the week was pretty good too. My college roomie Vicki called - we talked for an hour of course - just catching up. We've known each other so long we can talk in shorthand, even if we haven't talked for a while. Love that girl.

Today my sissy Cindo called. On Veteran's Day it will be 2 years since her husband, our beloved Boldie, died. We miss him so.
Boldie - I bet he is watching over us...and yelling

No comments: