Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Post Op

I'm singing "YMCA" with actions and forming all the letters! No...not really. But I'm close...thanks to an injection and a couple cranks that according to the doc went pop, pop, pop. I've still got my pain meds - but feel I'm now on the way back up from Adhesive Capsulitis, aka frozen shoulder.

We arrived in the rain at DMOS (Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons) bright and early this morning. My driver, Pablo, dropped me at the door. After check in I got to put on that pretty gown. It's tough to tie that thing with a bad wing...the docs checked on me and the surgeon even signed my shoulder - to make sure he popped the right one. I find it amazing in the pre-op area how many people bring the whole damn fam. #crazyprecutparty


My first trip to the Physical Therapist was a mere 5 hours after I was unconscious in surgery. I'm working with Christine - the same PT who has helped me the past couple weeks. The session was painful, I won't lie. But I try to go with the pain. I think of all those war veterans and other injured people who put in the work to make strides back toward life as they knew it. I also have homework assignments. Odie thinks it's playtime anytime I get down on the floor. Stretch Odie! Woof!

Glad that day is over with. Wish me luck at all my future PT sessions - starting tomorrow.



 

No comments: