Sunday, October 26, 2014

Indian Summer

It was the perfect Indian Summer weekend - on the last weekend of October! Bravo Mother Nature! Pablo was hunting Saturday a.m., so I thought I would attend the last Farmer's Market of 2014.

I hadn't been there five minutes before my tailgating pal Kari Ehrecke hailed me. She was there with some biker chicks - they were going to ride bikes at Neil Smith Nature Area after checking out the Market. It was a beautiful sunny day - already about 60+ degrees at about 9:15 a.m.

I walked another block and heard my name again. This time it was Kristina McFee Carroll, standing on the corner where the Bail Bonds office used to be - I miss the Monopoly sign! Krissy was on the phone talking her mom Bobbie in from her parking spot. Yay - I was joining a McFee girl get-together! Kimmy joined us a bit later. It was fun catching up with my friends. I purchased some Dutch letters and headed home about 11 a.m.

Saturday afternoon I had a chance to catch up with another long-time friend, Jane Buck. She's been laid up with a blood clot in her leg. We had a grand time trading stories and sharing memories - that gal has a steel trap of a memory. Plus we swapped medical histories. It hasn't been pretty for either of us lately. But we're determined to get better!
Not our prettiest picture...but we're still here
Paul and I had a quiet night Saturday. He enjoyed watching the baseball game. I got a kick out of a pic Jud and Kara sent - they were ready for a Halloween Party they were going to - as a Double Stuff Oreo.

There was a later pic of Jud in his Oreo watching the Giants game. That made me laugh out loud. That's my boy!

Sunday Paul headed to South Dakota to hunt pheasants with his college pals Mike and Tom. He's known them longer than he's known me! My Aunt Marty will be happy if he gets one or two - and gives them to her! She likes to cook them up.

Sunday broke as another beautiful day. Paul and I started it at the Waveland. Best Game In Town.

 He left just before noon and so did I - heading to Madison County to meet my BFF Deb for a get-together for her birthday. It's been to long since I saw that girl! We lunched and then took a walk at Pammel Park SW of Winterset, talking non-stop. As with all good friends, we took up like we'd never been apart. I'd run over to Cheesecake Factory (they're our neighbors) and picked up a couple slices - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for her and Tiramasu for me. We ate that before we each headed home. It was a great afternoon! Except Paul was gone when I came home. Good thing Odie was here.


It was so quiet I called Amy and Mary Faber. I'm about talked out. Time for bed!



No comments: