Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My last ever blog - #1,220

April Fools! I hope a few of you had tears in your eyes when you read the title...or at least were like, "Oh no!" or better yet, "Noooooooooooooo!" 

I can't stop myself - so no worries on me stopping blogging. Cuz I write the crap out of this blog. Collective sigh of relief. All ten of ya's. Actually I sometimes hit triple digits in readers. Not very often though.

April Fools Day - such fun. I played a trick on someone at work who wasn't even there. It was so easy!

So when Bill gets back from wherever he is...he's going to see a sign by his new coffee table in his cubicle. You see when the Powers reorganized our Bureau and brought Dam Safety and um the other people (can't remember their section name) onto our side of the building, we lost our food area - they look at maps there now. So Bill lost his personal coffee pot spot. Now Bill's relocated the coffee pot into his cubicle. The sign says:
Billbucks
(a little play on Starbucks - not to be confused with Bill Buck - Jane Buck's husband...)
"free sniffs"

Bill is very regimented. The sign might put him over the top.

I also texted our daughter to say "We've quit our jobs and are moving to Denver"
of course she texted back to say "Seriously?"
No, not really. But the way my morning started - got me thinking about it....#confrontation(not with Paul)

One of the best April Fools Day jokes I can remember was played on our very daughter a few years ago...you see - that girl - she's gullible. In a good way. Amy aims to please. When she worked at Marczyk's - the gourmet market in Denver some of the guys told her they needed her to deliver steam solution to the restaurant down the street. It was a clear liquid in a 5 gallon bucket and they told her she needed to be careful when carrying it because it could be explosive - so she shouldn't let it slosh.

Workers at the restaurant were watching closely (and smiling I'm sure) when Amy arrived with tired arms. Why? Steam Solution is water! Amy's Marczyk's bosses were so smug when she arrived back at the store after that. We thought the story was so hilarious that year - her father and I, so we told it over and over to our friends. But we couldn't remember that they'd called it steam solution - and called it bean pollution. That makes the story even better, ay? I think so since I fight pollution!
Grandma gave Amy an antique box - both my gullible girls are beautiful!
Amy comes by her gullibility from my side, I'm afraid. No - not from her cynical mother. It's from her grandmother - my mother. Those of you who knew Pat Bullock would be surprised to know that I'm sure. She had book smarts but my daddy could spin a yarn that lady would fall for every time. Then she'd say "Da - ve", making his name into 2 syllables when someone would break it to her that he was pulling her leg. My sis Betso has fallen for more than one gag too.

I think it's sweet.

It's no joke - Jud and Kara are in St. Louis looking for a place to live!
Kara and Jud look pretty happy with the arch in the background

No comments: