Saturday, September 28, 2013

Audience Participation - favorite song lines

Do you have lines of certain songs that you Love, Love, Love?

I heard Bob Seger's "Night Moves" on my way to the Farmer's Market this morning. When he sang "In the sweet summertime, summertime." I thought about how that line in that song is IT for me. and there are two other songs I can think of quickly that have lines that I simply love. I'm sure there are more, but I'd have to put my thinking cap on...and that's not what this is about.

The other two are:
Head East: "Never Been Any Reason" is the song. The line "Have you ever been lonely?" It's followed by "Do you have any fun?" which I like too.

This band has a Leslie/Paul memory. The only time I ever saw this band was the first time Mom and Dad met Paul Goldsmith. He was playing on a men's softball team - for Minsky's Pizza the summer before our senior year. That was the summer we began dating. Fred Behr was on the team too, and Vic and I were groupies. The team played in a tourney in Harlan, Iowa - where for some reason they were able to book Head East to play at a community celebration.
I was attracted to the cute buns in those tight baseball pants...

In between games I drove everyone to Atlantic - it was very hot out. We swam at Sunnyside pool where I was a former lifeguard. Then we stopped at my folks place to change and have some food. That night we saw Head East. To answer Head East's question - yes - we had some fun!

and

My all time fave dancing song - all my homies and close family members) know this is true.
B-52's (the original group had a member from - you'd never guess it - Creston): "Love Shack" It's a simple line but gets repeated a lot - "Bang Bang - on the door baby". I like it because you get to do the knock on the door dance move...

Am I the only one that does this? Or do you, dear readers have favorite song lines?

No comments: