Monday, September 2, 2013

Lunch at Costco

I took my neighbor Jo's advice. She's a sample lady at Costco. I talked to her last Sunday when Paul and I went to the Diamond Brooke picnic. We enjoyed the picnic a great deal - it was hot but there was a nice breeze. We were glad many of the new people who have recently moved into the in the 66-unit complex attended. It was nice to meet them.
Around 30 people attended the picnic
Many of the people were original owners of the Diamond Brooke units

Jo, the sample lady told me I should eat at Costco - the samples! So I did that yesterday for lunch. The menu:
  • bratwurst bite
  • spinach dip with crackers
  • cream cheese with salmon
  • hamburger bite with bun
  • pumpkin chips
  • dark chocolate covered pumpkin seeds
  • coffee
It was a good light lunch - to tide me over until supper. Of course I had to shop a little too. I didn't buy a bunch of food though - I was full! haha. At home I packed up four bags for Goodwill - some shoes even - it's hard to part with shoes for me...but sometimes I have to tell them - "it's for the best!" They deserve to live in a home where someone loves them. At home I finally took time to organize the pantry shelves - something I'd successfully avoided since moving in.


Then, as a reward, I went to Valley West Mall to the Fit to be Tied Store and bought - you guessed it. Shoes. Just one pair though. I got Merrells for work - so nothing too exciting. That's what happens when papa goes elk hunting...

This morning I made the trek to Creston to have breakfast with my home girls. Bobbie had planned to do a breakfast casserole in the crockpot - but had a timer snafu. Thinking quickly like a good girl scout, she threw it into a casserole pan and baked it. It tasted great! It was nice to see Pat, Linda, Patti and Deb along with Bobbie. We caught up on families and talked about recipes - the usual stuff. I miss that.

Afterwards, Deb and I picked up some cappuccino and drove to Green Valley State Park. Right before we turned in - we saw a near accident as a gal pulled out in front of the pickup going south on the gravel road onto Green Valley Road. I considered my options - as there was no shoulder to pull off onto...but at the last second the truck veered and missed her and me. Phew!

Deb and I sat near the beach and talked. I miss my Debbie talks. About noon, I dropped her off and headed home, listening to a stupid book on CD that I can't seem to pull the plug on. I hate the ones where the women keep making one poor decision after another, especially when it comes to sleazy men. I want to reach in and slap them. I'm glad I surround myself with smart women - that means you, oh readers. ;>) smile.


No comments: