Sunday, September 8, 2013

Patrick Pops In - Babies galore!


Paul has been telling me about his amazing week in Colorado. There is nothing like a week away from nearly all technology to put you back on the zen path. There was one spot near their campsite where he got cell reception - messages only. He got a phone call to go through one time, but I was busy doing a chore and didn't get it. (dammit - why oh why did I have to actually do something?) Internet reception was out of the question. Instead, the guys spent a lot of time talking to each other - imagine that! And Paul was often left to his own thoughts.

The weather has been rainy there. From his perch at their campsite they could see nearly to Montrose north - even the National Monument around Grand Junction. The vista ranged west to Utah. From where he sat, they often saw rain showers miles away. Sunsets were spectacular, Paul said.

One night, as he watched the clouds and sun draw beautiful portraits in the sky, out of nowhere, our son Patrick popped into his head. That happens to me too. When I'm sitting on our deck, and a butterfly lands close by, or a cool breeze pops up and tickles my face. It's usually a quiet nature moment. That's why I like the culture of the American Indian. I believe they are onto something the way they blend spirituality with nature/animals/our world/and god(s). I don't know what happens in the afterlife, but I'm looking forward to meeting up Patrick again!

Babies Galore!
The last baby has been born! It's been such a great summer - with many young friends and family members adding to their families. So much joy!
First Stormy and Kyle (Creston friends) had baby girl Harper in June.
Harper
Then in July, my pal Christine and husband Ryan had Ethan
Ethan

Early in July, niece Leslie and husband Jordan made my sis Susi and husband Jim overjoyed (not to mention the rest of the relatives) by having baby James
Next Bullock generation - James

In early August, after a difficult late pregnancy, Paul's nephew Kurt and wife Erin brought Lily into the world to join big bro Zach.
Lily

Paul's Niece Katie and husband Albert were counting down the days. Last Monday, Katie gave birth to James, who joins siblings Jacob and Naomi.
James
Finally, my co-worker Becky and husband Jeremy had to wait a bit past her due date, but Maya finally made an appearance yesterday - joining sibs Trent and Kylie.
Maya - just born on 9/7
A consultant I work closely with - from Ohio also had a baby boy. Congratulations to all the happy (and no doubt exhausted) parents. We're glad everyone is happy and healthy.


Creston just lost a good one this past week - Doris Hood. Many of my friends on Facebook are showing the pain they are feeling. Doris can't be replaced - she was one of a kind. RIP Doris.

But here they are - these new lives so full of potential. The circle of life.

No comments: