Saturday, January 18, 2014

So far

It was a very long week. It was icy Friday morning and I was driving the state car - a 5-year old hybrid Honda Civic with 120,000 miles. I missed my Subaru! I was happy to arrive at home that afternoon and take a nice relaxing bath - my tub is my happy place!

to go out for a nice martini prior to going to a movie. We saw the big award winner, American Hustle. The martini was great! The movie - I don't get it. Sure the acting was magnificent - but no more so than the last two movies we attended. I found myself thinking, "how much longer is this?" I still rank them:
1. Nebraska
2. August in Osage County
3. Saving Mr. Banks
4. American Hustle

I guess I'm not Oscars voter material!
Now I am ready to see just a fun entertaining movie.

We woke up to a gray, rainy/snowy day. I went for a swim at the Y before 7 a.m. Then I talked Paul into going to the AKC dog show at the Iowa Fairgrounds. For $2 each we got to walk through and feast our eyes on the canine competitors - worth the price of admission just to see the owners primping the pooches for the show.


Most of the owners were very intently preparing their animals.
 
Dog watching made us hungry...for dogs! We headed to Capital City Pub for hot dogs and beer. Then we stopped at the Woodsmith Store - winter projects for Paul. We made the nice choice of attending church instead of watching the 2nd half of the ISU game on TV. You'd think the Big Guy would have come through after that...but I guess there were some folks in church somewhere that were Texas fans too...

No comments: