Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dave Bullfrog pants

Surprise! Plaid pants are BACK - and not just for old guys...

Walking through Younkers yesterday I saw plaid Izod pants on sale. I thought of my dad right away - Dad - your pants are dialing you up from Des Moines. Man how he loved the bright plaid pants - mostly primary colors. Add a white leather belt and loafers - and a nice golf shirt (likely from a club in Beaver Creek, Colorado) and zing! Dave Bullock signature outfit.



They aren't wild, but they're plaid...
I entertained myself at the mall yesterday afternoon. I'm somewhat of a loner, really. Love my girlfriends - but am perfectly happy hanging by myself. At least for a day. Paul was ice fishing in Orient, Iowa with Wade - the guy who replaced him at the Creston job. Yep. Sitting on ice with a line hanging through a hole - like Grumpy Old Men. Except he was happy!

We both had the day off thanks to Martin Luther King Day. I love Mondays off. It was a leisurely a.m. then off the YMCA. I'm still stiff today after utilizing the weight machines - getting used to those things.

I headed to Valley West Mall for a pedicure. There were only a couple young women in the place having pedis too and I really didn't listen to them until they positioned themselves by me under the "dryer". They were friends who looked to be in their upper 20s. One was asking for coaching from the other. My nail artist looked up at me to see if I was listening when the one mentioned she owes more than $50,000 in student loans. Jeepers! So glad my kids aren't saddled with debt.

Once my nice newly blue nails were dry, I decided to head to Von Maur to check out the shoe room. On my way by Victoria's Secret I overheard an guy tell his wife "ask them if I can come watch you try them on" as she walked in the door. And she was no spring chicken. Neither was he. Guys...they're always so hopeful! I chuckled all the way to VM.

I enjoyed myself trying on shoes at Fit to be Tied. But I showed great self-control and walked away. It was a great day at the mall.

No comments: