Saturday, November 30, 2013

Cheers!

The cherubs arrived on Wednesday. Paul picked Amy up at the airport as I finished up DNR work at home. It's so great that DNR allows me to do that - since nobody else was going to be at work that day anyway and I had a bunch of grant agreements to work on. It was about 1 when Amy and Paul pulled in - Odie and I were so happy to see Sissy. (That's what Odie thinks Amy's name is...)

While I was working, I had an idea. Unfortunately it wasn't work related. I'll admit it...I was daydreaming a bit. I would have been doing that if I was in my cubicle too...
Amy planned to drive to Creston for the night to stay with her friend Stormy. Jud and Kara were driving up from Kansas City. My idea: We could ride down to Creston with Amy and have a few drinks - eat at A&G like the olden days and ride home with Kara and Jud, who would meet us there. Brilliant! I texted Paul, Jud and Creston pals to fill them in.

I also texted my pal/eye doc Donnie to see if I could slip in to see him - my left eye has been a bit wackier than usual lately. I feel/see a shadow going across it when I read especially. I figured it was a "floater", which is something you can't treat - but wanted to make sure. He nicely fit me into his late afternoon schedule. We pulled in about 4:45 p.m. and he stared intently into my eye - and put icky drops in them. I also took that peripheral vision test. Yep - sounds like a floater. Don says my old eyes are like an old basketball with bulges. Great! Don also took a look at Amy's post Lasix surgery eyes - doing fine!
Beautiful sunset over the rail/agricultural town

We saw him scant minutes later at the Lobby. It's like walking into the "Cheers" bar when we walk into a Creston establishment. So nice to see so many familiar faces. Along with several other friends who were there for a drink. Patti, Pat, Susan - several of the exercise gang was there. It was so nice to see them. The McFee girls were there, Krissy with husband Caleb and Kim, who is back studying at ISU. Bobbie and Jeff came after Jeff was done with chores. My BFF Deb stopped by.
 
Jud and Kara arrived about 5:30 p.m. Fun to see Jud introduce his honey to Crestonians, and to chat with hometown friends. I took lousy pics - I was in a hurry, so excited to talk to my buddies. I had a good long chat with Patti, but not much chance to talk to any others. We MUST arrange a winter brunch and shopping trip in DSM.

After the Lobby, eleven of us headed to A&G for supper - pizza mostly. Amy went off to Stormy's for the evening. She said the downtown crowd had turned into mostly younger generations - though she got to talk to some friends like Dusty Mullin and Zack Schaeffer. We hopped in Jud's car for WDM about 9 p.m. My brainstorm was a good one!

No comments: