Sunday, February 1, 2015

Co-ed Sledding Party

The forecasters finally got one right. After a fabulously snowless January - the last day of the month let loose with 12 inches 1/31 into 2/1.
View of our deck this a.m. 

One of the many places people could sled in my hometown of Atlantic was at the Atlantic Golf and Country Club - just east of the clubhouse where a couple steep holes slant down from the CC road to the ditch before Chestnut Street.

One time my extended friend group of guys and girls decided we should have a sledding party. I'm fairly certain that Sally had a hand in arranging the party. She was always up for a party.

We have a fabulous class - the trifecta of great people, athletes, and students. I don't remember if we were old enough to drive ourselves - or if Anna Day Rodgers delivered us to the Country Club that cold crisp snowy night.
Our toboggan had a green pad and held several people
I may have taken our aluminum toboggan that evening. That baby was scary fast in certain snow conditions! I think I was more into the sledding than the flirting. I never really perfected that art - unlike some of my girlfriends. There was some definite flirting going on though.

Hot chocolate involved. Is there anything better than real hot chocolate with marshmallows?  I'm not talking about that powdered stuff here. Yum! So good your teeth can taste the richness.

I won't be doing any sledding today - but I sure hope others are. It's a beautiful winter day!

No comments: