Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sum sum summatime

It's official. Sorry autumn. Summer is my new favorite season.

Ever since I grew up, fall has traditionally been my fave season - November birthday, the beautiful leaves, football, back to school. The clothes are fabulous.
Biking is a swell summer activity - 2013

Just today Paul and I were discussing it - and I've decided. Move over Fall - now I pick summer. I like warm weather and the activities that go along with the summer months. The Farmer's Market, deck weather, flowers, bike riding, the 4th of July is my second fave holiday - a close 2nd to Christmas Eve at Lefebvres/Christmas dinner at Pottorffs.

summer makes Pablo and me smile!


The summer months whiz by very quickly, while last year the winter months seem to stretch out like an endless black asphalt highway. And there were no exits. This year spring was winter's ugly little sister - she'd pretend to be nice and would then pull the rug out from under us. Snow stretched into May. Bitch!

My sissies came in June
I don't like having to wear sweaters all summer - especially at work. You'd think the 5th floor at the Wallace Building would be hot. Heat rises - but not in my cubicle. I wore a jacket this week. I know - I should get some circulation! Drat all you hot bodies and your need for over cooling.

Next up this summer? The Iowa State Fair. Yes you can look forward to this year's picture of me with my corn dog. I'll try to keep it G rated. I will work in the DNR Trailer (near the Grandstand - beside DNR's building) handing out prizes to smart people.
2012 - Lake

After that - Lake of the Ozarks. What happens at the Lake...will probably be on Facebook...I think there is a bloody mary with my name on it.

I also have a special trip planned to Lake Tahoe with a couple high school friends. Summer fun still in the works.

No comments: