Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pot O Gold Bread (Pat's delight)

I might have mentioned before that I pledged my head, heart, hands and health to those wonderful gals, the Glad Girls of Grove 4H Club. Is that for life?
Better living through the letter H!

When I was fortunate enough to get a horse, I joined a 4-H club in order to show that horse and win ribbons. Sally Rodgers and Jennifer Deter were in my club. That organization had rules. Tough love for this girl. To be in 4-H and show my horse I had to, gulp, also be in Food and Nutrition. That meant cooking. And other stuff like decoupaging a recipe box.

Last weekend I frantically dug through all my recipes looking for one for beans. No luck on that - but I did find this.


It's cheese bread - baked in seasoned clay flower pots. Mom cleverly tied a cloth ribbon around the pots - to make the loaves attractive when serving the bread. Yeah - Mom did more of the work. As I said - I was in it for my horse. The bread (and Mom) earned a blue ribbon but no purple and no State Fair. I didn't come from the right "family" for that. (4-H Mafia) haha. The horse show was fun!
I don't look all that happy


No comments: