Monday, June 30, 2014

Girl talk

I've missed girl talk. So when my sisters were here a couple weekends ago and last Saturday when I hung out with Bobbie and Joan, I was happy, I got to chat with gal pals.

Paul is a fab companion. We enjoy many of the same hobbies and can rant to each other about work stuff. But he's no girl! (thank goodness).
Yukking it up in the sculpture park
 
All my life I've depended on my girlfriends to fill me in on the important stuff. Health, hair, decorating, and fashion tips. We even discussed bushes and plants - I mostly listened... 
Art Festival with Bobbie and Joanie
Guys are fun, but one must have friends who have (or formerly had) ovaries. Paul is usually on a mission when we shop at the Farmer's Market. I get to look at stuff with my girlies! Bobbie should have earned a commission from the cutlery stand. A lady who was there when we were bought nearly $100 worth! We didn't buy any art at that festival but we had fun looking! I'm glad I got to hang with my gals.
Later on Saturday Paul and I headed back to downtown DSM after eating at Jesse's Embers.
Some of the vendors didn't open back up after the downpour that occurred about 4 p.m. But it turned into a beautiful evening. We walked across the river to hear Yonder Mountain String band fire up the strings.
The walking bridge over the very full DSM river is starting to accumulate padlocks - European style, for lovers and lost loved ones
It was a good day in the big city.

No comments: