Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Diamond Brooke

Photo from earlier in the year...

I know - it's a corny name. It's our Townhouse Association. There are 66 units, with 2 basic layouts A and B. (Ours is a B with 4 bedrooms, but we use 1 as an office). It makes me feel so mature (translation...old) when I realize we live in a townhouse. Geez, my parents moved into their condo the year we got married. But I guess that was when they were about my age. Gulp. They seemed so much older!

We found out the scoop on the two layouts and the number of units last night when Paul and I attended the Diamond Brooke Holiday Party at Bravo Cucina Italiana near Jordan Creek Mall last night. There were around 25 people there, and the ones we got to talk to were all very friendly. There were several retired teachers in the group. I sat by a gentleman who had been a steamfitter for the DSM schools. He's a biking fanatic now. The food at Bravo was great - I had the salmon.

Despite feeling old, Paul and I seemed to be on the younger end of the age spectrum in the group. Many of the people there were retired and were headed off to warmer climates soon. Sally, who lives on our street - there are two and ours is a cul de sac, told me that the ladies of Diamond Brooke get together each month for an activity, liking going out to eat. That should be a good way to get to know people. We also met Leslie - who moved to a townhouse down the street in July with her husband from Atlanta. But she's originally from eastern Iowa near Paul's home town. Small world. And she's about our age.

Trail just north of EP True
Here's a couple photos I took on my walk last Sunday - the berm between the trail and the road really blocks you from Jordan Creek. I'm looking forward to riding that trail next summer.
Diamond Brooke from afar
 

No comments: